Sunday 4 March 2018

Creative Cogs

Hello!

I have been playing with some more of my mdf elements this weekend and, in particular, the cogs which are now in my Folksy store. I used them on my art board stand to create this:


I painted everything with black gesso and used my grid stencil with black texture paste on the mdf base.  I then used a combination of acrylic paints and sprays in coppers, browns and greens to create the rusty metallic look on the base.  Similarly with the cogs, I embossed them in a range of rusty looking powders to create a textured, weathered look and adhered to the mdf stand.  I stamped and embossed in copper a few of the smaller moths from Visible Image and a sentiment in a green patina effect powder from Stamplorations.  I also highlighted the letters in a few old metal eyelets and embossed them with the same powder.

I shall link up at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge where the challenge for March is to use a stencil and at least 3 mediums.

Image may contain: text

I will also link up at the Anything Mixed Media Challenge over at Mixed Media World.

Here are the cogs and stencil that I used from my Folksy store.

 

Thank you for stopping by!

Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. Be creative is right, Sarah. This is fabulous and just my style. Well not my card making style but my home decor style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant. I love all of the detail.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete