Saturday 29 April 2017

Less is More #326

Hello!

It is another bank holiday weekend here in the UK so I am hoping that I can be productive in sorting out our overgrown garden - as long as it stays dry!  However, before I get started on my chores I wanted to tell you about our challenge this week at Less is More.  We want you to access your dark side as the theme is Shadow:


You can either use shadow stamping on your design or feature a shadow in some way.  I have to admit that I found this one a bit challenging but after some head scratching, I came up with 2 cards:

 
When I thought about shadows, I thought of a light in a gloomy room and tried to create that look with some Mama Elephant stamps combined with distress inks in dark blues and warm yellows.  I will link this up at Simon's Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes.
 
 
 
Secondly I made a card featuring a stamp from Clarity which I always think looks quite dreamy combined with a sentiment from Mama Elephant.  The lady is watercoloured in distress inks and I shaded in a long shadow cast by the light behind her.  Lots of splatters complete the look.
 
I will also link this card up at Addicted to Stamps who are looking for clean and simple designs.
 
I hope you like these two shadowy designs.  I can't wait to see what you do with this week's challenge.  Check out the rest of the inspiration from the DT over at Less is More too!
 
Thanks for stopping by, Sarah x

14 comments:

  1. Oh I love these! Your first one is SUCH a creative approach and the ink blending is perfectly done for creating shadows and a pool of warm light. Really fantastic! Loving the elegance of the second one with the beautiful image and cast shadow. The sentiment is fab, both in message and that gorgeous font used for "you". Good luck in the garden and enjoy the long weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A two-some of awesome inspiration Sarah - you never fail to inspire. Your inky blending to create the glows and shadows on that first one is exceptional! Glowing with pride to have you on our team! The sheer elegance of the second one is a real beauty too and a perfect shadow, brilliant water colouring too. Have fun in the garden and looking forward to another catch up next weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both great cards. Cool take of shadow on your first card. So creative and clever. Your second card is so pretty and beautifully watercoloured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both card are just great...love your creative take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The light bulb was a great idea and such great atmospheric blending, Sarah. I love your second card...a gorgeous image, wonderfully coloured, the long shadow is perfectly done and I love that it follows the line of the elegant sentiment too. I hope you have better weather than we do. Yesterday was lovely but today is a washout! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great effect on your first card woooww looks like a real lamp/light bulb
    the second card ooh I am in LOVE!
    so stylish lady..may I ask you which stamp it is
    my email is monik1973 at yahoo dot com dear Sarah
    many thanks for your info I want to have too this adorable stylish stamp..
    many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this week
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous LIM cards xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great first card. I love how you've coloured it. Your second card is beautifully elegant. What a fantastic stamp. I hope you've managed to get out into the garden this BH weekend. I was hoping for good weather too as our front garden needs a good weed and clear out too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are SO creative Sarah! What a brilliant idea to have that shining light in the rich, deep, darkness - Bravo! And the shadow you created on the clarity lady is in-cred-ible! Gorgeous watercolouring and the delicate splatters remind me of hazy afternoons with little-itty-bitty blossoms and pollen floating on the breeze. Brilliant work. Have fun clearing your garden (ours is going to take a month to clear!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is hard to believe that it has been a bit challenging for you ! Your cards are just stunning Sarah ! You have been so clever and creative with your first card, it looks like so real ! And your second card is also very gorgeous with this wonderful watercoloured dress and your shadow is splendid ! Fabulous work ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cards,
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super sweet cards! Love the second one, so romantic! Thank you for sharing with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two great and different interpretations of the cue word, Sarah. I made a card similar to your first one and the second one is lovely with its soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love both your cards! thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete