Saturday 14 January 2017

Less is More #311

Hello!

How are you?  Well, I hope :)  We are back with our Saturday morning challenge over at Less is More to brighten your weekend and it is a one layer card week!!  This week we are looking for your favourite drink featured on your one layer design.....

Here are the couple of cards that I made:

 
I stamped the beautiful Uniko tea cup 3 times across my card and filled in the white space with a stencil (I think it is by Memory Box) in Cracked Pistachio, Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar.  The sentiment is also Uniko.  I wish that I had a vintage set of china tea cups....these paper versions will have to do!
 

 
Is it too early to start thinking about valentine's day?!  I used the coffee cup from Uniko with a doughnut stamp and sentiment from Waltzingmouse.  I pencil shaded the cup to give it the texture of kraft card and to add a touch of shading to ground them.  A few hearts finish the design.  My hubby LOVES doughnuts :)
 
I would have gone for an alcoholic drink but don't have any suitable stamps to use :/
 
I hope that you have fun with our challenge this week and do head over to the Less is More blog to check out the fabulous inspiration from our DT.  See you again soon!
 
Sarah x

9 comments:

  1. Love both of your fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific idea to use a stencil to add the pattern to you cups...looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your teacups are so pretty! Love the coffee and doughnuts card - perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic Sarah and love how you've incorporated the Uniko tea and coffee sets. That stencil looks awesome on the teacups and I'd also love a set just like that ... if you find them!!! Fabulous shading too on the second one and it's defo not too early to add those hearts to a card. Just Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Sarah ! I love these precious porcelain tea cups ! What a yummy card with the doughnut and the sentiment is so great ! Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm doughnuts! Can you tell I'm doing Slimming World (or in my case, not so slim world!) :D
    What a great idea to stencil onto the cups, they look fantastic, loving the colours too. Love the coffee cup, your shading is terrific. I feel I made need to make a Uniko purchase very soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tea cups, Sarah. I do have a whole collection of them passed down to me from my grandmother and mother. I just used that stamp set for another project so I guess I'll go a different way for LIM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous Sarah! I love the teacups and the way you've filled in the design with a pretty stencil. The coffee and doughnuts card is great fun, to say nothing of making me feel hungry LOL. Have a fab week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those teacups are gorgeous Sarah and the colours you picked are really pretty - just like china tea cups. It would be nice to own a set wouldn't it? Adore your coffe and doughnut card - just perfect for a valentines card. So sorry I am incredibly late commenting but have been so, so busy this week. xx

    ReplyDelete