Saturday 5 December 2015

ATCAS #78

Hello!

Today is our next challenge over at Addicted to CAS and I had the honour of choosing the code word.  I went with JOY as it is great for festive cards and just a generally happy theme :)

I was so excited that I posted this a whole week early!!  Please tell me that I am not the only person getting their weeks totally mixed up in the lead up to Christmas :o)

I made two cards featuring Joy:

 
This card feels a bit like cheating as it just uses patterned paper from American Crafts.  I cut the topper out and layered it up.  Super easy but quite effective!

 
I simply white embossed a sentiment and some sweet bird stamps from Avery Elle's fab Noel set.  I do love navy and white for a crisp look.
 
I hope you will join us for this challenge and check out the inspiration from the wonderful DT. 
 
 
 
See you again soon!
 
Sarah x

7 comments:

  1. both of your cards are wonderful, Sarah - especially love the second one with the gold around the navy background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two really beautiful cards, Sarah! I love how you added texture behind your sentiment on the first one, and your Christmas doves on the 2nd card are so sweet! Love the navy and white color combo, too!

    So sorry you will be leaving us at ATCAS! It's been great fun having you on the team, but I understand your commitments come first. I hope all is going well with family and school! Sending you big hugs and best wishes for a Merry Christmas ~ Barb xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fanulous ! I like the way you placed the holly on the sentiment :)
    You will be missed at ATCAS :( but thankfully, I know where to catch up with you ! best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful and joyful cards Sarah! Great code word! :)

    You have an inspiring CAS style and it is a big loss to ATCAS that you are leaving. All the best to you. Merry Christmas to you and your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 fantastic 'joyful' beauties Sarah, super CAS and striking and you are certainly leaving ATCAS on a high! You'll be so missed but we WILL keep in touch! Hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, I love that you chose this word for this challenge, this is a JOYFUL season and there are many ways to express JOY.
    Your cards are beautiful, I love the shine of silver on the second card, those tiny birds are lovely.
    Good luck in your new endeavors, I'm very new participating in this awesome challenge and I want to join everyone in wishing you all the best.
    Merry Christmas and a JOYFUL 2016!!!!! for you and your family.
    Hugs
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, both cards are so wonderful. I love the 1st one with patterned background. Sorry, that you are stepping down. Good luck and stay in touch! And Merry Christmas and a Happy Prosperous New Year! - Hugs, Ksenija

    ReplyDelete